Who Am I??

My photo
"I'm a new soul,I came into this strange world, Hoping I could learn a bit 'bout how to give and take... But since I came here,felt the joy and the fear, Finding myself making every possible mistake..."

Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Birthplace, PATNA!


 I remember my father telling me how beautiful Patna looked from an aircraft...I got the chance to witness it only recently when I was on a flight from Ranchi to New Delhi via Patna...
                                                                                                                                                                      

Ganga+river+at+patna
River Ganga At Sunset


 It was an overwhelming feeling...I remember those days when I was staying in Patna...As a child I was always in awe of the sight of an airplane crossing...My sister and I used to wave...in hope that the passenger on board would take notice and wave back...:)

Those uncountable nights...with power cuts...when we would sit on the terrace...and my father would tell me the little tid-bits about these airplanes...

Really,this brought back so many fond memories!Hope you guys enjoy these pics


Ganga+River+aerial+view

River+Ganges+India+Yamuna
River Ganga- Pristine Beauty

Patna+River+Ganga

River+Ganga+At+Sunset
The Ganges

Ganges+Holy+river+Patna+allahabad

River+bank+ganga

Ganga+River+Bank+aerial+view

mahatma+gandhi+setu+bridge+patna 
Mahatma Gandhi Setu-One of the longest bridges in the world...

City+of+Patna+bird's+eye+view
Patna- A bird's eye view

Gandhi+Maidan+Patna+Aerial+view
That's Gandhi Maidan, Patna..Can you spot it?

Patna+Airport+Aerial+view
Patna

Patna+Airport+Locality
Just before landing at Patna Airport

Patna+City+Officer's+Colony

9 comments:

aditi singh said...

really beautiful pictures...my favorite from the lot is the gandhi setu bridge pic...how cud u manage such a perfect click???m overjoyed at the sight of these pics sis...thanx 4 making my morning!! cheers

Smriti Shalini said...

That's my favorite too..actually tht's a fav among many...you remember that day we had been to this bridge with Neeati n all..I could relive so many memories as the aircraft made its final descent...

"madhur yaad bachpan meri":)

Kritika said...

OOLALAAA!!!!!AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! <3 THE PICS :) HATS OFF!!

Mohit Kunal said...

Beautiful shots...may i know which camera you used?

Neeati Narayan said...

Thanks for the grand mention, sis =D

And great clicks!

Smriti Shalini said...

Thanks Kritika

Smriti Shalini said...

Thanks Mohit, I use a Nikon Coolpix S3000.

Smriti Shalini said...

@Neeati: Thanks:)

Vivek Anand said...

Just stumbled upon your blog, looking for pics of Bihar. Beautiful pics, I must admit. The thing you said about waving hands to planes passing over us.... struck a chord. I grew up in an obscure corner of Bihar. So never really had the opportunity to see many planes when I was a kid.

God I hated the place when I was there and wanted to get out of it. Now that when am not there, I long to be there... and therein lies the irony of life.

I would like to put in couple of lines that my friend wrote... only for bihar:

Yes, my heart is in the hinterlands.
The place that many dread.
And while articulation fails me, some shirk at the mere sound of it.
Well, to all of them I say, Yes, Bihar lives inside me.
It flows within with, its unruly beauty.
With its brazen candidness that may rip your heart.
Yes, it blooms like a fresh flower now.
In isolated corner of some forsaken garden.

People with limited visions will never smell it.
People who have always seen things green,
will never see the unbound promise in that flower.

But my place will love to go unheralded.
If that pleases you.
If you so want to remember its dead yesterdays.
If you so earnestly want to overlook its 'now'.

My people will carry the torch once more.
They will pick themselves up.
They will teach you a thing or two.
And not live in a blind pride of not learning from you.

Someday, mark my words, Bihar will be a hero.
People will sing its resurgence.
The tides of hate and reluctance that I have so often felt,
will ebb.
When the world will plead us to speak and lay our reserves open.

Wait for it, world, wait for it.