Who Am I??

My photo
"I'm a new soul,I came into this strange world, Hoping I could learn a bit 'bout how to give and take... But since I came here,felt the joy and the fear, Finding myself making every possible mistake..."

Friday, September 16, 2011

Edit Me Week 18

Last week was the first time I took part in the "Edit Me" challenge...And it was such great fun that I was looking forward to week 18 the minute I linked up my submission...:)...And when so many people appreciate your work...you feel even more motivated...



Now...time to show you what we got here this week....This week's Edit Me judge is none other than Kathryn of ourtinybiglife ...and she has given a really cheerful picture for us to edit...Here's the SOOC:








Initially when I sat down to Edit it...I had a bit of a trouble...cuz whatever picture I take...I have this urge to go the B&W way...and even though I felt satisfied with how it turned out...Almost gave it a look of some carnival during the fifties and the sixties...as depicted in a movie....

  


However, the more I would look at it,the more I felt that something is amiss...until I finally decided to experiment without taking the "fun" element of the picture...the colors...After all,I thought, What is a carnival without colors!!..And that's how I ended up with this...

 I edited the pictures in Picasa..and basically played with some tuning and some effects...



Being the person who did both the edits, I keep vacillating between the two...but I guess (and I hope) my final call was right!


Keep clicking:)


You can take part too...just click on the button below and get started! 






10 comments:

Unknown said...

these colors are so unique. i am really loving the effect you achieved!

Smriti Shalini said...

Thanks a lot Kathryn...your comments are so encouraging...Thank you again:)

nat said...

I like that you stuck with the color :) It's a really fun edit!

Smriti Shalini said...

Thanks a lot nat:)

Anonymous said...

I really like the colors and the edit you did! Loving it!

Smriti Shalini said...

Thanks Becky...I'm glad you liked it:)

Aditi said...

i'm happy u did not stick to B&W...the colors luk fab....n i'm sure u wil improve with very picture that u edit..

Smriti Shalini said...

Thanks Aditi...Love:)

Laura lok said...

i like both edits but the black and white version is my favorite

Smriti Shalini said...

Thank you...I'm glad someone liked the B&W better:):)