Who Am I??

My photo
"I'm a new soul,I came into this strange world, Hoping I could learn a bit 'bout how to give and take... But since I came here,felt the joy and the fear, Finding myself making every possible mistake..."

Saturday, October 22, 2011

This Year Diwali is going to be different!

Sky-lanterns-festival-diwali-manipal
Sky Lanterns
I have never looked forward to Diwali in Manipal with such enthusiasm as this year...Every year we would have exams and while everybody "ooh-ed and aah-ed" to fireworks show(organized every year by the Manipal University),we saw it as a distraction to our already futile attempts at mugging up lessons...

However, this year is different.We are interns now..and can enjoy diwali for the first time in five years..and what makes it more special is an event called LIGHT MANIPAL 2011,an initiative by Calvin Teo and his friends...all students of Manipal University.

LIGHT MANIPAL 2011 will witness scores of sky lanterns being launched into the night sky of Manipal on Oct 25.The organizers have ordered hundreds of sky lanterns from ebay and have decided to donate the profits towards church repairs and other social activities.

The sky lanterns are the perfect substitute for fire crackers.They are eco-friendly..do not pollute the environment and are biodegradable.The skylanterns have been test launched successfully.I watched the lantern rise up in the sky and wondered how astounding the sight of several hundreds of these in the sky would be..

Really looking forward to Diwali:):)

PS To get a glimpse of how it is going to be like, click here












No comments: