Who Am I??

My photo
"I'm a new soul,I came into this strange world, Hoping I could learn a bit 'bout how to give and take... But since I came here,felt the joy and the fear, Finding myself making every possible mistake..."

Friday, September 23, 2011

New Beginnings!!

"Romanatelaga short story writing competition"..It was the only thing on my mind after my english teacher had mentioned it in class...I knew this was my only chance...To prove things to myself...To prove something to the others...

I always had an inclination towards English as a subject (still miss 'studying' English sometimes!)...Was looking forward to joining the  Literary council in school...and then I got to know...I'm not there...I'm not gonna get into the how & the why...but I was more than just dejected!...I knew I was deserving...I knew this was wrong...I knew I wasn't going to take up English for higher studies...

I knew THIS was my chance...

I went on to win the competition...I proved it to myself that I wasn't left out because I did not deserve it...

After that incidence, I made a promise to myself...That whatever I do in life...This was something I hold dear to me...and I would not give it up...Today, as I published my first article as Manipal Survival Guide Editor, ManipalBlog.com...I feel I have kept that promise...

I hope I continue being connected to English...to writing...

Here's my first article for the Blog...Hope you guys like it! 

Surviving Manipal...The College Part of It!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats... long way to go still... :)

Anonymous said...

phew!!!! btw dere r lots of I's n my's in ur post... :P

Smriti Shalini said...

Haha that's cuz it's about me...I mean this post ;)

Argetlam said...

Wow, I think you're a kindred soul.
I went through almost the SAME thought process back in school. I LOVED English, but I knew that wouldn't ever end up studying it.
The internet is my wardrobe, where I cram in all my literary creativity.

Great blog!
:)

Anonymous said...

wish me happy birthday!!!!:)

Smriti Shalini said...

@Argetlam: I dunno if I should say it's "good" to know someone could identify with what I went through...but hey that's quite a similarity i know:).. Hope you keep that love for English ignited forever!